Into the workshop
I did purchase new rear hubcaps but have decided not to fit them as I don't think the truck had these when ordered, and they are a pain to fit.
So, the list of things "to do" continues- New clutch pedal rubber, seats re-upholstered, the floor covering replaced, (as it has a hole in it from the heel of a boot), Some original fog lights for the front bar. 2x new steer tyres. tacho, and repair fuel gauge.
There are quite a few toggle switches.
All these are relatively minor items and can be done over time.
We have replaced the interior light, and the window winders which were worn simply from use, and we need to grease, oil change and replace the glycol in the radiator.
The new backing plate for interior light
I am leaving the body original, as its patina look keeps the truck 100% original.
The rear of the chassis has been modified from the dove tail of a prime mover to re-enforced for the tipper, however I will keep that approach as we still have the pump and controls for the tipper and dog trailer.
Some new mudflaps ready to be installed
We have done a cold pressure wash just to see how the chassis cleaned up and its going to be very good.
All in all a great hobby ( well, if you like big sandpits! lol!).